On Tuesday, Ohio’s legalization initiative went down in flames. Despite collecting over 320,000 signatures and spending $25 million, more than 65 percent voted “NO”.
The reason? The Ohio investor-funded and investor-controlled campaign was viewed as a stalking horse for business monopolies instead of reasonable cannabis reform to help Ohioans.
We cannot make the same mistake in California.
During the last two years, ReformCA advocates have built an 80,000 person strong, statewide grassroots movement of sensible reformers like you, accountable to the citizens of California rather than investors and “Big Marijuana.”
ReformCA has filed its initiative in an open, transparent process with scores of public meetings and thousands of discussions and consultations with every segment of the community.
ReformCA remains committed to building a united movement for reform that benefits all Californians, not just “Big Marijuana.”
But we will need your help to do it.
The ReformCA initiative will:
- Invest in disadvantaged communities.
- Invest in early childhood education.
- Protect employment, housing and parental rights of medical patients.
- Promote participation by small and medium-sized businesses.
- Support environmental protection and reclamation.
- Now more than ever, your contribution can make the difference to put real cannabis reform and legalization on the ballot – and avoid the mistaken path Ohio took.
Dale Sky Jones
Coalition for Cannabis Policy Reform