We are a bay area Medical Marijuana delivery service looking for a team oriented individual who is hard-working and easily adaptable to join our team as a Virtual Budtender full-time. Our ideal team member is passionate about our industry, will show compassion toward our members, has impeccable phone skills, and is looking for long-term employment. This person will assist the management team with the activities and operations of the delivery service.
As our Virtual Budtender, you will need to have a thorough understanding of strains, genetics, and relevant medical marijuana terminology to assist and/or make recommendations to our members based on product availability.
Your duties will primarily be over the phone and may include but not limited to; answering inbound phone calls from patients to place orders, checking for valid cannabis recommendations, educating patients on new offerings and up selling, recommending appropriate types of medicinal cannabis applicable to member’s condition, managing a queue of incoming phone calls and phone orders with professionalism and grace, answering general questions, being a positive professional advocate for our service, and dispatching our drivers to our patients homes.
- Responsible for sales and customer experience by maintaining a high level of professionalism over the phone.
- Responsible for product knowledge and keeping inventory counts up to date during each shift.
- Answering the phone and confirming (while upselling) online orders over the phone.
- Accurately use and maintain the Point Of Sale (POS) system.
- Correct cash handling and discount application.
- Accurate and timely data entry of patient profiles.
- Verifying proper paperwork, documentation and ID for customers.
- Office organization and cleanliness.
- Other duties as assigned by the Management Team.
SKILLS and/or ABILITIES:
- Extraordinary phone skills and the ability to multi-task
- Basic Mathematics, weights, and reasoning skills
- Basic computer skills. (knowledge of MMJ Menu/Onfleet/Meadow experience a plus)
- Knowledge of Medical Marijuana, strains, concentrates, edibles and its effects and edibles and concentrate knowledge
- Exceptional Customer Service skills
- Oaksterdam University graduate a plus but not required
- 1-2 years in sales and/or phone work a plus but not required
- Strong attention to detail with a friendly demeanor
- Understanding of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations as they pertain to the industry, personnel law, safety regulations, local municipal codes and organizational rules, regulations, directives and standard operating procedures.
- Must be able to work 3pm – 11pm shift, 5 days per week minimum.
- Must be 18 or over.
- Must be a valid medical marijuana recommendation holder with valid California identification upon date of hire.
- Must have complete working knowledge of cannabinoids and cannabis, various strains, benefits and effects.
- Be able to pass a criminal record check..
Compensation will be discussed during the interview
Resumes with job-specific cover letters should be submitted via email to email@example.com and have the word “Virtual Budtender” in the subject line. Those resumes submitted without this wording in the subject line WILL NOT be considered.