1. What do you teach at Oaksterdam University?
I teach two legal classes, one covering California and Federal laws on cannabis and one that focuses on your constitutional rights during police encounters.
2. How long have you been with OU?
Since the beginning! (2007)
3. How you got involved in the industry?
I became interested in trying to change our national drug policy in high school when I learned of the extreme injustice and how un-American it was. In law school I began focusing on cannabis law because California’s 1996 Compassionate Use Act had just passed and my belief has always been that cannabis prohibition was the most disastrous aspect of our failed drugs policies.
4. What is the name of your company or business and what services you provide?
James J. Clark Law Offices P.C. exists to serve cannabis clients with a wide variety of legal issues, and an emphasis on defending people from criminal charges.
5. Expert tip for our readers?
Do not rely on what your friends tell you they think the law says-or what they wish it said! Make sure to consult with a knowledgeable attorney and avoid running afoul of the law.
6. Favorite part about Oaksterdam?
Oaksterdam has been a cornerstone of downtown Oakland since its founding, and it has provided a focal point for people from all over the globe to meet and discuss cannabis laws and issues. Also, Oaksterdam University’s commitment to reform, the great staff, and much more!
7. Anything else you’d like to share with our readers
Thank you all for supporting OU over the years!