The legalization of industrial hemp in the federal 2018 Farm Bill unleashed a wave of interest in hemp cultivation and hemp-derived CBD consumer products. This course will examine the science, trends, and regulatory landscape for hemp and CBD, and discuss how business owners can decrease risk while operating in a rapidly evolving market environment. We will also discuss how the evolution of the cannabis market will influence the industrial hemp market, and how the legalization of hemp will influence the future of the high-THC cannabis market.
This course composes of a Course Overview, 5 Lessons, 5 Critical Thinking Exercises, and 1 Mastery Exercise.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Understand the difference between industrial hemp and high-THC cannabis and the rising popularity of hemp-derived CBD.
- Understand the current regulatory landscape for industrial hemp and hemp-derived CBD products.
- Recognize the differences between cannabinoid isolates, distillates, and full-spectrum extracts.
- Explore strategies to minimize the risk of operating a hemp and/or CBD business under changing policy and market conditions.
- Hemp is cannabis and cannabis is hemp. Identify parallels between the hemp and high-THC cannabis markets and speculate on how each will influence the other.
CBD Course Overview
Industrial Hemp, CBD, and the 2018 Farm Bill
Regulatory Landscape for Hemp and CBD
CBD Extraction and Delivery Methods
Quality and Compliance in the CBD Product Market
Parallel Evolution of CBD and High-THC Cannabis Markets
CBD Mastery Exercise