CBD & Hemp: Science, Market Trends, and Regulatory Landscape
$495 | 180 Day Access
The legalization of industrial hemp in the federal 2018 Farm Bill unleashed a wave of interest in hemp cultivation and hemp-derived CBD consumer products. This course will examine the science, trends, and regulatory landscape for hemp and CBD, and discuss how business owners can decrease risk while operating in a rapidly evolving market environment. We will also discuss how the evolution of the cannabis market will influence the industrial hemp market, and how the legalization of hemp will influence the future of the high-THC cannabis market.
- CBD Introduction
- Industrial Hemp, CBD, and the 2018 Farm Bill
- Regulatory Landscape for Hemp and CBD
- CBD Extraction and Delivery Methods
- Quality and Compliance in the CBD Product Market
- Parallel Evolution of CBD and High-THC Cannabis Markets
- Understand the difference between industrial hemp and high-THC cannabis and the rising popularity of hemp-derived CBD.
- Understand the current regulatory landscape for industrial hemp and hemp-derived CBD products.
- Recognize the differences between cannabinoid isolates, distillates, and full-spectrum extracts.
- Explore strategies to minimize the risk of operating a hemp and/or CBD business under changing policy and market conditions.
- Hemp is cannabis and cannabis is hemp. Identify parallels between the hemp and high-THC cannabis markets and speculate on how each will influence the other.
There are no scheduled times. You may complete the modules on your own schedule, and you will have 180 days to complete the course.