This course defines advocacy as a form of marketing, reviews the role of advocates and organizations in normalizing cannabis adult-use by achieving meaningful pro-cannabis policy reform, and then provides strategies and techniques for engaging effectively as an advocate. The course concludes with an exploration of the recent influx of influential investors in the cannabis industry and the surprising interest from former political opponents.
Advocates, who in the past risked arrest and prosecution to educate the public about the benefits of cannabis and provide medicine to patients in need, have played a central role in the creation and evolution of the cannabis industry.
- The Importance of Advocacy
- Federal Drug Policy and the Supremacy Clause
- Value of Engagement and Effective Advocacy Strategy
- Looking Forward to the Future of Cannabis Advocacy
- Advocacy Optional Project: Explore Advocacy Opportunities