Oaksterdam Alumni — 80,000 students from 110 countries around the globe — have gone on to become the biggest leaders, personalities, and change-makers in the history of the cannabis movement.
Now, there’s a place for all of us to gather, network and stay in touch.
As part of OU’s ongoing 15-Year Anniversary celebration, we’re excited to announce the launch of the Oaksterdam Alumni Network.
OAN is a virtual community where Oaksterdam Alumni, faculty, staff, and supporters can meet, mingle, mentor, and share a variety of resources that are helpful and just plain fun.
“For years students have wanted to connect with other Alumni and keep in touch with each other. Until now we didn’t really have the right tool for that,” says OU Academic Coordinator Elizabeth Bowen. “This is the place to advance your career with professional networking, find connections through Oaksterdam’s global community, and give back. “
In addition to being a plant-safe place to post cannabis content, these are some of the features you will find on Oaksterdam Alumni Network:
- Connect: Catch up with old friends and make new ones. We all have OU in common!
- Mentor: Find a mentor in the area you wish to avance, or volunteer to mentor others.
- Attend: Find virtual and in-person events at Oaksterdam and beyond, or promote your own.
- Share: Post photos of your grow, spread the word about your brand, and announce your successes. We want to hear from you!
- Ask: Have a question? Throw it out to the community for answers from the vast network of OU expert alumni.
- Find: Share your location on the visual map, if you wish, and see jobs, internships, mentors and other OU Alumni near you.
- Expand: Leverage your professional network to get introduced to people you should know.
- Employ: Whether you’re looking for an internship or job, or you’re an employer seeking talent, this is the place.
- Invite: Bring others into the OU fold.
- Advocate: Spread the word about important initiatives as we continue the fight to deschedule cannabis and create a safe, equitable industry worldwide!
Anyone can access the Alumni Network, whether you’ve attended OU or not. We welcome everyone who wants to connect with the OU family. However, students and alumni get access to exclusive groups and events, and resources such as the Oaksterdam Garden Club.
How Do I Join?
It’s easy. Visit the Oaksterdam Alumni Network to register. Once you’re approved you can set up your profile and start to explore. We’ve built this platform for you, and we hope you help us expand it for the good of Oaksterdam Gladiators everywhere!
“It’s participatory,” says Goose Duarte, OU’s director of operations. “It’s not so much about what you’re going to get when you go to the network, it’s also about what you can give.”